Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Skaven FAQ

Yeah, you might've already heard it being played on the bongo-drums of the internet, but I feel it's worth mentioning here as well.

As a skaven player, you got to keep in touch with your second army book.. err I mean the skaven FAQ. Clearly marking out that sometimes it's better to do it right the first time.

Anyway, I like the new focus on questions rather than erratas/amendments, as the latter might be hard to read the effects of at a glance. For instance the slave-randomization thing. 

Some things I'd like to highlight in this post though:

  • Templates work as in the rulebook against the bell/furnace. Always played it as such, but not all the TO:s in my region. Good to have fixed rules.
  • Death globe on a globadier champion may be thrown into combat and hits are not randomized as it is a template. Well I thought I couldn't throw it into combat at all. Might be worth trying sometime I guess. 
  • Plague banner now allows rerolls on the furnace crew. This is quite big. I for one like my furnace unit narrow and as such the plague banner never were a feasible option. Now it is. 
  • Cannon shots are not stopped by not killing a monstrous thing. I like this ruling and was as I played it. There were so much strange situations with the ball stopping and then exploding. Anyway, same here, I like fixed rules and not having to read the upcoming tournie-pack to know which rules I were to play. 
All in all, good clarifications. Though I still feel it's sad a new player can't pick up the skaven army book and play the game. He'll have to read up on the faq and apply the amendments etc in all possible ways. Well 8th was a big overhaul of the game so I guess I shouldn't complain :)

On another note. I'm looking forward to get a storm of magic game off with some mates and down a couple of beers. If we get around to do it, I'll sure post some pics and reflections. You haven't forgetten about SoM yet have you? ;)

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment