Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Pictures Overwhelming

As I've said in an earlier post my painting has been waaay faster than my photography. Though today I took time to catch my progress on camera for all to see. I think comments are unnecessary, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

The assault cannon-barrelled warp grinder is an idea I've stolen clean off of The Fields of Blood blog. Thanks Pete.

The IoB Rat ogres have had some minor conversions to them. Some shifting of tubes, armswap and the addition of a giants hand. I wanted to make them just a little bit more "mine".

As a side note - I'm really starting to get confused what to get for my 2,5k army. Have anyone had good luck with the Screaming Bell? I think it could be nice. Sort of expensive, but its really a solid anchor of leadership for my army, that is immune to all that death magic foolishness. Have I mentioned that the model might be among the best looking and characterful in all WHFB? I really think so, and as an motivational to paint mine I'll try to make a list including it.

Anyway here's the pictures in no particular order:















2 comments:

  1. Excellent stuff...particularly love the Rat Ogres.

    How was the WLC to put together?

    Pete

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.

    The WLC was put together in one of the basic ways as laid out in the manual, with the exception of using the plagueclaw as ornament in front, picking off one set of wheels and setting the cannon backwards as to get a more balanced feel on the model.

    I haven't decided yet if I would make my next cannon identical or not. I saw a cool Howitzer-style WLC somewhere on the web...

    ReplyDelete